Sunday 14 October 2012

Coral, gold & statement


The truth is that among all the daily calculations and straightfoward excel formulas my brain rebels and requires other kinds of food......when this happens I like to create :) Unfortunately the boring life of a working-class girl do not offer to much time for hobby-pursuing, thus not so much happening on this blog. However, now I have something to share and it hapens to be a dress I made for a new event I went (my cousin's wedding).

As was the case with the first dress, this one was created from scratch as well: starting with a picture I saw online, then came the pattern and the sewing process itself. All in all it took me a looong time, inexcusably long I'd say :) (but I've been working, honestly). Anyway, the result is below. It is a very minimalistic outfit which I chose to spice up a bit with some statement white with gold details earrings. In the end I got a very '60s look with the hair-do completing it.

The dress would be extremely easy to sew had it not be made of two layers, because one layer would be too thin and a transparent dress was not an option :D. The shoulder part was very tricky as it tended to slip permanently, however the overall look and effect of the dress was worth the effort to take care not to loose it. The best part was that the dress made a great job keeping my back straight :D Enjoy the result:

Back view (the very dangerous back cut :) )




A glimpse of the beautiful earrings I wore
The dress in full view


The make-up and hair-do

And here is the original picture that inspired me to make this dress. Of course the dangerously low back cut was first to catch my attention :) Lots changed in the preocess of sewing like the upper string went away, the sleeves became shorter, some back and front darts were added to make the dress fit the body more flattering. All in all, if one picks an appropriate fabric, it is a very easy dress to sew and looking very good on the body, perhaps not so easy to wear, but one must make some sacrifices in order to look good ;)


P.S. You can look good without too much money, trust me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment