Wednesday 27 November 2013

A Post of many Words :)

This blog was created a long time ago, so long I am actually afraid to look back. It was and still is planned as the place where I could post my ramblings, experiments, ideas, findings in order to help find, improve, express myself. So far it only gives me headache and remorse :) because I still want it to happen but can't find that sweet middle spot between being a full-time working girl and running a blog.

Every once in a while, when I feel like I got stuck and don't know where to go I like to change something. It doesn't have to be something major: a hew haircut, a new pair of shoes, moving the furniture around can boost my mood, creativity and the desire to go on. I feel more empowered, more confident and kind of shining from inside (I hope it doesn't sound too self-contemplating :) )

Same thing now with the blog, I got stuck with how to run it and what content to post which will fit both my schedule and my inner self. I am still searching the perfect way to express myself and so far blogging seems to me the perfect platform to do it even if I often have this bipolar inner conflict: "should I or should I not?", "what new have I to offer?", "why would I be better than the thousands of other bloggers who at least have a proper attitude and commitment?", "wouldn't it just be a shallow, self-contemplating place like so many on the internet nowadays?" and then comes the ever-nagging and never-disappearing "but I want it" and "I need it" and "I have ideas" :)

This time I decided to clean the blog a bit, take of some posts for good, because they are just noise and some posts I will rethink and repost (it is mostly about the travel posts). I got to travel quite a lot this year and never managed to get to those pictures for myself less to post them on the blog (I know it sounds awful :()

I guess my primary goal right now is to find a proper balance between my work and spare time or better said between fulfilling myself as a professional, but also exploring the creative side of me. In the eternal clash between logical, methodical, analytical vs. creative and artistic, I never felt like I could belong to only one pole, which besides being a pain in the ass, because one can never neglect one or the other side of oneself: when one side is stimulated more the other one is forever nagging "hey, pay attention to me too" :); is however very rewarding because when one is able to see things from both the logical and creative point of view one can get unique, original results and distinguish oneself in a crowd.

Since my job is primarily analytical, naturally my more spoiled creative self is demanding attention during my spare time :) So far, reading, watching movies, surfing the internet helps me develop my visuals, engage my imagination, come up with ideas, but the practical part of creativity, i.e. making this ideas real I apocalyptically suck at :-< This is what this particular blog was created for: explore and apply the practical part of my creativity. Find and share interesting content. Make it a hideout, a workshop where I could work on improving myself.

So, to revert to changes I decided to start with the banner and remove my picture from it. Back in the day, for some reason I thought it would be cool to have my face all across the blog, well, now I don't think like that anymore :D Rather than being so self-centralized, I want this blog to be more content-focused.

Thus, instead of this:


I will use this:


It is more minimalistic (and I won't seem a self-contemplating bitch :D). I will still keep the general design of the blog, because apparently only this theme works ok with me (I never liked the uber-minimalistic, all-white designs and this particular blog looked forever under construction when all-white :) Now, not to offend anyone it also depends on the person behind the blog. Most of the blogs I follow are all-white. So again, it is all about the blogger's personality and the visuals are a matter of one's individual preference.)

So yeah, ta daa, since this very moment I have a new banner :)

To make this tl;dr post short, I didn't give up un on trying to make this blog happen :D


P.S. I also added a new Page with a map of the places I've been and will work on adding many more to it
P.P.S. Nooo, I'm totally not having one of my regular identity crises :)

No comments:

Post a Comment