Monday 20 January 2014

Why you souldn't always throw things away


This past summer I had the "great" inspiration to buy not one but two (!) sets of stack rings from H&M. One set in golden and one in silver. Yeah. I got inspired by multiple bloggers and I still find them looking very pretty, but......not on my fingers :-< See the proof below:


Why did I buy them in medium size I still can't explain myself. Anyway, I had to do something with them, at least to prove my mom that I do NOT buy useless things, or at least I don't always buy useless things :">. So I decided to recycle them into necklaces (not all of them though, as I still have a whim of hope to wear a couple of them.....stacked......together...). Now bear with me, this is my first tutorial and it might not be the best :P

What you will need:
  1. The stacked rings that look awful on your fingers/or you just got bored of them;
  2. Pliers;
  3. Jump rings of 2 sizes (I hope this is what they are called: ));
  4. A clasp of any kind, I chose a lobster claw;
  5. Chain for the necklace;
  6. Extension chain (with slightly wider loops to allow the clasp to "hook" into it and regulate the length of the necklace).

Ok, shall we proceed?

Necklace #1

It consists of five identical rings 2 in gold and 3 in silver. Grab 6 jump rings in order to connect them together and attach them to the chain, just like this:


After you decide the length of the necklace, measure the needed length of the chain and split it in two. Attach one part to the one side of the necklace and the second to the other side. Now all you have to do is add the clasp and the extension chain (at your convenience):


At the end of the extension chain you can add a small jewel to personalize your necklace, otherwise you are done :)

Necklace #2

For the next necklace I used the two slightly larger rings from the set. What you will need you can see in the picture below, also, no tools, just your hands ;)


(For this necklace you will want the chain longer so that it rests upon your chest). Take the first ring and connect it to the chain using a jump ring. Take the other side of the chain and pull it through the first ring and attach it to the second ring via the second jump ring. (WHAT???) Here have a picture instead :D:


You know how a toggle works? Well, this exactly the same. Duh :P

Also, if I had an identical ring in yellow I'd use that one for contrast.

Et voila, now I have two minimalistic necklaces ;) A couple of pictures to show you how they look in action:


That should be all  for today. Hope you find my tutorial useful, please do let me know if you liked it and if you want more ;;)

Yours truly,
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment