Friday 2 December 2011

Prologue


Before actually starting to post what I had decided to post, let me put straight some things.

This blog was born out of my love for fashion and impossibility to afford any brand clothes. So, I decided to sew them. Take a garment that I saw somewhere and actually liked and make it with my own hands. Don't ask me about shoes though, it's a real pain in the ass *rolleyes*

Between the time these thoughts occured in my head and the time I actually gave life to them had passed...let me see...aproximately 8 years, until I could afford to attend some tailoring courses. I've finished high school, then got my licence, then got my Master's Degree and found a job. One good thing happened during that though: my godmother gave me her old sewing machine. It had probably seen the rise and fall of Sovietic Union, so old it is :D, but I really didn't care then, nor do I now.
Even if it can sew only straight stitches it is, I believe, better than having nothing. And besides, it is a VERY good sewing machine, unfortunately I don't know the brand. I has all the details, it sews perfectly and it "eats" as I like to say, practically any type of fabric. I don't quite need more, as my sewing skills are far from being perfect (I'm learning though :P), but, nevertheless, I'm looking forward to buy a modern sewing machine, a used one, of course*rolleyes*

A glimpse of my vintage beauty
So, I was talking about the purpose of this blog. Fashion blog, yeah, pretty lame for a fashion lamer :)) but sincerely, I was always more interested in the garment itself, than in the brand behind it. Brands are useful though...for distinguishing one garment from another ;)


When I say I was interested in the garment itself, I don't mean only it's presence or absence in my closed xD I am interested also in the way it is constructed. I like to call it "the architecture of the garment", which, I concluded, was a quite appropriate definition, when I learnt to draw patterns.

In fact, drawing standard patterns is not that complicated, exhausting maybe, moreover if you don't have a normal working place (like me: I draw on the floor :">), but not complicated. What really beats the hell out of you is styling this standart pattern into an exclubloodysively new and absobloodylutely gorgeous garment. It took me 4 shoots to make the pattern for my current project and it's not even complicated :| I blame it on my lack of experience :-"

So, what I'm actualy trying to say in this post is that until I gather all my courage to start posting outfits, I will post sewing related stuff. Not advices, NO, may the grace protect you from the advices of a sewing rookie that I am :)) I will post stuff that I myself have currently learnt.

So, let it be a diary of my learning experience in sewing, fashion and, perhaps, other things too. Anyone interested can always join in ;)


P.S. My longest text post so far *me gusta*

No comments:

Post a Comment